1. First song you remember hearing on the radio as a child
“Talking in your Sleep” by The Romantics
2. First album you remember listening to as a child
Tapestry by Carole King
3. Album that takes you back to junior high
Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice (When this came out, the only rapper I had ever heard of was M.C. Hammer so I called a local radio request line about one million times requesting Vanilla Ice by M.C. Hammer. Mucho embarissimo)
Paula Abdoul – Spellbound
Milli Vanilli Girl You Know It, Yes You Know It’s True g-g-g-Girl! (Heather got rid of this one when they were “exposed” but I found a copy of the cassette at a garage sale years later. Played it for the kids on vacation last week, if you must know.)
Bryon Adams – Waking Up the Neighbors (also my first rock concert)
4. Most played album in high school
Swing Kids Soundtrack
Dave Matthews Band – Under the Table and Dreaming
Mariah Carey – Daydream
Reba McEntire – Read My Mind (Saw her in concert 3 times. I lived in Texas, okay? Stop yelling at me.)
5. Favorite album in college
Ben Folds Five – Whatever and Ever Amen
Little Women Soundtrack
U2 – Joshua Tree
Romeo and Juliet Soundtrack
BNL (to avoid unsavory searches) – Maroon
Natalie Merchant – Ophelia
6. Favorite albums to road trip with
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers – Greatest Hits
Michael Jackson – History Volume 1 (when he was still a black male)
Eva Cassidy – Songbird (I love her but didn’t discover her until after her untimely death)
Frank Sinatra – Reprise, The Very Good Years
Bob Marley – Legend
Michael Buble – It’s Time
7. Best relationship angst album or any other albums worthy of mention
My dad hooked me on classic rock from a young age (Cream, The Doobie Brothers, Boston, Jimi Hendrix, old Chicago. Yeah baby!) I also secretly love the Backstreet Boys and Kelly Clarkson. Don’t tell.
8. Your personal soundtrack today includes
Many of the above with the addition of Raffi, Dido, Beethoven, Bach and lots of Jazz thanks to the DYDad.
9. Song that reminds you of what it was like to feel cool
Informer by Snow – it was a 14-year-old thing
Wyclef Jean and the Fugees (my album is ‘edited’)
10. So if this is your personal soundtrack, what’s the plot of the movie in 50 words or less
Too much brain power required to answer this question.
I would like to add that my first Cassette was Debbie Gibson Out of the Blue and my first CD was the Bodyguard Soundtrack by Whitney Houston.
This is really difficult because nothing I do is weird.
1. I squeeze the toothpaste from the middle.
2. I eat Kit-Kats correctly.
3. I always lock the garage door leading into the house but leave the light on out in the garage, always.
4. When I start a project, I am a whirlwind of activity, create a huge mess with junk everywhere and then do a major cleanup effort afterwards.
5. I stalk the mailman. I want my mail immediately.