I do have resolutions every year. I try not to go overboard. I always do. I never hold myself accountable for what I resolved. This year I think I’m gonna make a star chart or something. How’s that for iron clad accountability? If I do the star chart electronically and have it load first thing every time I turn on my computer……
Here are a few of mine:
1. Vegetation – At least one quality veggie at each meal – pathetic, I know.
2. Primpage – take more care to look like….not the way I look most days.
3. Readerly-ness – Read one book club book plus at least one more each month.
4. Religiosity – this one’s just for me and Somebody else to discuss.
5. De-pudgification – No poundage goals here, just eat like a normal person and find a reasonable way to exercise more than my current twice per week.
6. Blogdom – Schedule my blogging time after higher priorities have been accomplished. What? This isn’t my first priority? It shouldn’t be. Remember the old “no video games until your chores are finished” rule? That’s how it’s gonna go down.
7. Think/Speak in tandem – The goal here is to actually think before I speak. With the amount of time I spend talking, if I would stop to think before I spoke, that would be a ton of thinking. I surmise it will turn me into a wise, kind genius afore 2007 shows its little noggin.
8. The kindness and the patience – More, please.
Here are a few of meme (via Liz):
Here are the fill-in-the-blank sentences:
1. Stop buying things on sale just because they’re on sale.
2. Use more of the weird things in my food storage to make yummy meals like boiled wheat goo and dried unknown legume/veggie stew.
3. Get rid of my little post-partum helpers.
4. Change my hair style from the nappy mommy-tail to something a little more hip and attractive-o.
5. Concentrate on the sweetness of motherhood rather than the poop.
6. Try to be a better listener, even to three-year-olds. Let’s face it – nodding and saying uh-huh to your kids while you type away on your blog is not exactly award-winning human interaction.
Depudgification? What a neat word! Yeah, me too!!
good good lists…
and not at ALL unreasonable.
Good luck with your resolutions. The most amusing list I’ve read, and there are a lot of them out there in blogdom this week.
I agree – depudgification is a great word and your list of resolutions was a delight to read regardless of how averse I am to setting my own resolutions.
Oh, dear–nodding and saying uh-huh at your kids while blogging is not quality interaction? Perhaps I should add another resolution myself…
good list. good luck!
You already do most of these things. I love you. I miss you already!
I like it! I really like it!
Especially the primpage, because it is so easy to just throw something together. If I don’t get the depudgification down, I want to have the primpage down at least
Thanks for playing.
I resolve the primpage over and over, and it lasts a while, and then one day I glance at my reflction in the mirror as I walk by the bookstore and…sigh!
Shannon (sentimental) says
That was great. I love the words you picked!
I am loving the do a hair do thing. I am trying that one this year since my ponytails have been firmly in place since 1983.